Socially Distant Art (SDA) is seeking a new cohort of artists, creators, and organizers for a no-fee, accessibility-focused, virtual residency. Applications are open to national and international creatives of all experience levels and disciplines, including (but not limited to) visual artists, sound/audio artists, performers, composers, choreographers, writers, filmmakers, arts administrators, cultural leaders, and creative producers. We want applicants who have a sincere commitment to creating a more accessible and inclusive arts world and are interested in developing and participating in a new, digitally-based arts community.
– Type of Opportunity: Fully online art residency with both synchronous and asynchronous content
– Length of Program: Our program is designed for a 12-month workshop cycle for each incoming cohort, and residents can continue with the larger community beyond the initial year, if desired. Residents also have the flexibility to take a hiatus at any point, if needed.
– Hours per week of engagement: Our residency is a self-paced and flexible program, structured around workshops, community gatherings, collaborative projects, and digital exhibitions that can be engaged synchronously or asynchronously.
– Deadline to Apply: Monday, March 21, 2022 by 11:59 EST
– Applicants notified by: April 30, 2022
Deadline 21 March 2022