We are looking for an experienced individual to undertake the role of Personal Assistant to the Artistic Director. This full-time position calls for a dynamic self-starter, flexible and enthusiastic, who will provide dedicated administrative services and support to ensure that the CEO is fully able to carry out his responsibilities and to deliver against the objectives of the organization. Assistant Artistic Director needs strong attention to detail to spot inaccuracies in work and ensure that work is consistently produced at a high standard.
• Ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies;
• Work with the director to coordinate and supervise daily operations, answer phones; schedule appointments; draft correspondence and other written materials;
• Arrange and coordinate Music Director’s calendar and yearly schedule in coordination with reMusik.org executive directorate: rehearsals, concerts, community appearances, fundraising events, receptions, artist dinners, meetings with staff members/board constituents/musicians/guest artists, etc.
• Keep Music Director informed and prepared for all events. Maintain open and direct communication with all departments or musicians as well as other organizations on behalf of the Music Director. Appropriately represent the Music Director to all constituents, in writing, email, and by phone;
• Create reports and submit them to the director or other executives;
• Coordinate, execute and/or deliver a variety of special projects as directed by the Music Director.
Skills and Qualifications
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Highly organized and detail-oriented approach to all tasks;
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, to perform effectively with a fluctuating workload, and to generate a range of problem-solving approaches;
• Significant experience supporting a top-level artist or executive;
• Ability to prioritize and make independent judgments while working on several projects simultaneously;
• Able to work with a wide range of personalities, work under pressure, and work as a team player;
• Demonstrated ability to use initiative and deliver accurate and timely work product;
• Experience in a non-profit organization.
• Native Russian speaker and proficient in English. Familiar with Russian social and cultural contexts. Tertiary language skills a plus;
• Excellent Communication Skills;
• Experience in performance and operations management;
• Outstanding communication and public speaking skills;
• Must be able to problem solve, think on their feet and track multiple projects effectively;
• Excellent web searching skills and proficiency in office productivity software (MS Word, Excel, etc.), Graphic skills and knowledge a plus;
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
Candidate must pass a background check.
Saint-Petersburg Contemporary Music Center «reMusik.org» takes an active role in the organization of innovative projects and supports the promotion of new music. The Center is dedicated to building and educating a national and international community of composers, musicians, musicologists, and members of the public interested in learning more about contemporary music in Russia and new music as a whole. Additionally, its mission includes the support of composers and ensembles, music publishing, an academic research center, an online journal, and internet sites as well as the financial support of projects related to the sphere of new music in Russia.
How much time does a reMusik.org job applicant have to wait for feedback whether she/he was shortlisted for the job?
It is really depends on many things. For example, how much candidates were shortlisted and what position you want to hold. reMusik.org selection process is quite long and shortlisted candidate may wait from 1 week to 1 month.
What's the best way to contact a Recruiter at reMusik.org?
To make sure your application gets to the right person, it must be linked to a specific vacancy via our Job Online Application. Therefore, it’s best to first apply to a specific role with your preferred social media profile (i.e. LinkedIn) or by submitting your CV/resume. A recruiter will then contact you if your profile is assessed as a potential fit for the role.
Do you have a contact or email address where I can send my CV/resume?
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, we only accept CV/resumes (or links to social media profiles such as LinkedIn) that are sent when applying to a specific vacancy on our Job Online Application. We do not review or respond to unsolicited resume submissions via email.
How do I know if you have received my application?
If you have applied for a job at reMusik.org via our Job Online Application section, you will receive an automated E-Mail response confirming receipt of your application. Note that our goal is to keep valued candidates like you informed of your status throughout the recruitment process. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally respond to each one every time. If you meet the job profile requirements, you will be contacted directly by a recruiter for an interview.
What should I expect during reMusik.org recruitment process?
There are 3 major phases in the hiring process – Application & First Assessment, Interviews and Decisions.
What factors are considered when reMusik.org reviews my CV/resume? How do I know I'm part of a fair and unbiased process?
First, we consider the qualifications required by the role compared to those outlined in your completed application. Qualifications include, but are not limited to education, certifications, past work experience, and skills. One of reMusik.org’s core values as a Cultural Institution is acting with integrity. As such, we are committed to role modeling fair and inclusive hiring practices while acting in accordance to all nonprofit organization regulations and labor laws.
What kind of growth opportunities are there at reMusik.org?
People working at reMusik.org usually stay in the same position for 2-4 years before moving to their next role. In today’s world, agility is essential because skills need to evolve as technology continues to change the way we work. At reMusik.org, we encourage internal mobility during annual job evaluations and post vacancies. Keeping our people engaged and happy with new challenges is important, and that’s why internal mobility is highly valued here.
Does reMusik.org provide help in doing relevant study next to my job?
Candidates who want to stand out are always interested in professional development opportunities. It could be on-the-job training but also doing a relevant study alongside their work. Often we get asked whether reMusik.org supports these opportunities, and the answer is a resounding ‘yes.’ You may also get a budget for this when it’s relevant to your work.